We’re Here To Travel The Path Alongside You

  1. Home
  2.  » 
  3. Family Law
  4.  » Custody And Visitation

You Can’t Afford To Lose Your Rights As A Parent. Neither Can Your Children.

If you’re a parent facing the prospect of divorcing your husband or wife, chances are nothing is more important to you than making sure your children make it through this difficult time with minimal disruption to their lives.

That means protecting your rights as a parent while finding areas of compromise with your spouse whenever possible and in your kids’ best interests. With more than 15 years of trial experience, Mississippi family law attorney Frank Garrison isn’t afraid of a fight when our clients’ rights are at stake. He also knows that, when it comes to the well-being of children, the most effective strategies often mean working with the other side to minimize conflict. Whether you and your spouse are in agreement over child custody or you need a lawyer ready to advocate for your rights as a parent, our firm can see you through this difficult time.

You Don’t Have To Sort Through Child Custody Issues Alone

There are two main components to people think of as “child custody”:

  • Legal custody means the authority to make legal decisions about your children. This can include schooling, medical care and other things that affect the well-being of your kids.
  • Physical custody means the parent with whom a child spends the majority of his or her time.

The noncustodial parent will typically be granted visitation rights, which means the ability to spend time with his or her children. We represent parents who want sole legal and physical custody, as well as parents who want to find a way to have more of a balance of responsibilities between them and their spouses. Whatever your situation and your goals as a parent are, we will find a way to help you achieve your goals and do what’s best for your children.

Child custody orders are never set in stone, and if you need to change the terms of child custody or visitation (or want to keep them as they are), our firm is ready to help.

Contact The Garrison Firm | Serving The Jackson Area | Free Consultation

Call 769-230-8269 or send an email to meet with attorney Frank Garrison about your child custody and other divorce-related issues.

/* + and - buttons are not operable in side navigation in all the practice area pages*/